Pages

Monday 26 April 2010

The Vampires Assistant - Darren Shan

The Vampires Assistant is a mind blowing adventure that will capture you in the moment!
I read this every day and at night I would stay up way past 11 o'clock just to finish the chapter .I just couldn't put it down and even got told off for reading in class when I supposed to be doing a maths paper!

The book is about a teenage boy (Darren Shan) who enjoys his life until one day his mate brings in a flyer saying about a freak show in town.He ends up going and falls in love with a spider. Darren sets up for a adventure training the spider until one day an awful mistake happens. Darren is forced to make a life changing decision.

You have GOT to read this book! I didn't think it was very good at the start until I got to chapter 2 and then I couldn't put it down. I think this book is better than Harry Potter and that's saying something!

Cookie Monster
age 10

2 comments:

joshua said...

I haven't read the book, but I absolutely LOVED the movie!

Adele said...

I haven't seen the movie and was luke warm on the book. The writing doesn't hold up for adults really, but I am delighted CM loved it so much.