Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Nation | Terry Pratchett


Nation by Terry Pratchett

Nation is set in a world which is almost identical to ours. The Nation is a tribe that live on a tiny unknown island. That is, it was, until the wave came and wiped out everyone except Mau. But he’s not alone because there is a shipwrecked “trouserman girl” called Ermintrude and a very rude parrot. Ermintrude hates her name so tells Mau that she is called Daphne. They try to understand eachother’s cultures and languages and together they help all of people that come to the island.

I loved it right up to the end, which I hated. I’m not going to say what happens but it’s not what you want to. I know several people who agree with me. It’s a great book because it makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.

I tried reading it a few years ago because I got it for Christmas. At the time, I wasn’t particularly interested so I couldn’t get into it. But now I’ve picked it up again, I’ve really enjoyed it so even if you try it and don’t like it, try it again later and you might surprise yourself.

BY Zobdy
Age 13

No comments: