Pages

Friday 21 August 2009

The Fire Within by Chris d'Lacey - Review + Interview

It starts in the small and rather odd town of Scrubbley, where a man called David seeks a home while doing University/College. David finds a place with only two occupants, a woman and her daughter. At first they seem like very ordinary people, the daughter Lucy is just what a small child should be like, imaginative and slightly rude. Mrs. Pennykettle (Lucy's mother), makes pottery, not just any pottery, but dragons. Her and Lucy's lifes seem to revolve around dragons, as a housewarming gift, David is given a dragon with a notepad and a pencil in his hand. They tell him to try and speak to it, strangely, the dragon beings to write, giving him ideas for a story to give to Lucy, based on a true story, one that continues throughout the book.
I give it 3 stars out of 5, I think it is mainly for children up to 13, interesting and different.

Interview:
Which is your favorite book of all time?
The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

Which genre of reading are you most interested in?
Nothing specific. I liked Science Fiction when I was younger.

Did you read or write at all when you were a kid?
I read (comics mostly) but I didn't write.

When did you start writing?
When I was 32.

Do you picture any of the characters from "The Fire Within" as yourself?
David is based on me when I was younger, but there are shades of an author's personality in all of the characters they write.

Out of all your books, which is your favorite?
Dark Fire

Out of your characters, which one is your favorite?
Bonnington!

When and why did you get into writing?
When I was 32 and to try something different from songwriting.

Are you currently writing anything now?
The next dragon book, as yet untitled.

And the random question (do not be offended, it's just a bit of fun
and it is interesting to see replys)....
If you accidently swallowed a T.V, and it was electricuting you, how
would you stop it?

I like to think I'd pull the plug out!

Pizza
Age 14

1 comment:

MT said...

cool interview.