Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Dork Diaries - Rachel Renee Russell

Hi all, please welcome Young & Un:Bound's youngest reviewer Pyjama Slug. - Hagelrat

Dork Diaries is about a girl called Nikki who moves to a new private school. She is annoyed at her parents for making her move school, she hates MacKenzie who is popular but is really a bully and she gets fed up with her little sister Brianna. The book is written on lines to look like a real diary, but I think it would have been nice if the book had spiral binding so that it looked like a proper girls’ diary!

I like all the doodles in the book as it made it feel like I was reading a proper diary and they helped me to understand some of the words better. There were lots of labels next to the doodles to tell you what Nikki was doing. There is a lot of text language in the diary like OMG so I had to ask my older sister what some of it was, but now I know!

I really enjoyed Dork Diaries and I couldn’t put it down at bedtime! I would like to read more books by Rachel Renee Russell now. I recommend Dork Diaries especially to girls aged 7-10.

Pyjama Slug

Age 7

2 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Nice review. I'm glad you liked this. sorry the slang was hard but that's good you had someone to explain it. :)

-Lauren

Adele said...

Hi Lauren, thanks for visiting, the gang love getting comments but because of their age don't log directly on to the site.