Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

I bought this book for two reasons, firstly; the cover looked awesome, secondly because I had heard several great reviews about it. But plot first, review second.
It begins with some kids who were raised by scientists after being created using 98% human DNA and 2% bird hence, they are pretty much angels. The leader of the gang of angels is called "Maximum" and helps them to escape from the cruel experiments these scientists do to them. The 6 children (Max, Fang, Iggy, Gasman, Nudge and Angel) are in hiding from these scientists for years until one day they are found and they kidnap the youngest, Angel who is just 6 years old. Half the book is about finding and rescuing Angel and the other, I can't tell you.

I enjoyed the plot of the story, it could be a very good book if it was written better. Firstly, the names were terrible or strange apart from Max who I actually thought was a boy until page 50. Also, it seemed to be very repetitive. If I had a nickel for every time the bad guys came and they got away then I would be seriously rich. I usually don't care how many chapters or how long they are but this 450 page book had nearly or more 150 chapters!
It was sort of ridiculous how the author divided the chapters, most of them continued SECONDS after the last one. I was really excited about this book because I loved the cover and heard cool reviews of it, I decided to break the score down to give you an idea:

Plot- 4/5
Addictivness- 3/5
Written- 2/5
Characters- 2/5

Overall: 2.75 stars out of 5.

(I really don't like to give bad reviews but I try to be honest, apologies to James Patterson fans. The plot was good enough to consider reading the next one in the series but it was badly written.)

3 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

I'm wary of any book with Patterson's name on it since I know he's more of a franchise now rather than a writer. It's too bad about this book. The premise sounds like it could have been exciting.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Adele said...

I like the cover and the idea, but i'm wary of Patterson too.

prashant said...

young people who like to read and like to express their opinions. Hey, free books!

lingerie parties